looking at her. She did not answer so he decided to offer her ice cream to cheer her up. "How about we eat some ice cream first, would you like some huh Marianne?"
                       "Is that vanilla huh?" she answered and smiled at the friend she feared she wouldn't see anymore.
                       "I wouldn't ask you if it wasn't, I know that's your most favorite ice cream. And that's why I asked mom to buy me some last night at the mall. Come, I'll show you how many we bought," Ed offered, got up and gently dragged his friend towards their big refrigerator in the kitchen.
                        Marianne followed and walked with Ed. In the kitchen, Ed immediately opened the big and tall refrigerator, pulled a chair in front of it, opened the freezer and showed the many tiny cups of vanilla flavored ice creams.